Foam Rolling Tips and Tricks
Tips and Tricks from the Health Club Team
Foam Rolling is a type of self-myofascial release in which pressure is applied to certain body parts to relieve pain.
5 Great Reasons to Foam Roll
- Reduces Muscle Fatigue
- Loosens Up Muscles
- Increases Blood Circulation
- Helps Prevent Possible Injuries
- Increase Flexibility
5 General Tips for Foam Rolling
- Spend at least 60seconds of each muscle group that you are rolling.
- Ensure you focus on balance - don't just roll out the areas that are tight and neglect others.
- If you find a knot or sensitive area, spend extra time until it eases.
- Do Not foam roll a strained or recently injured site - this can cause further inflammation and discomfort.
- It is very beneficial to perform static and dynamic stretches after you have foam rolled as your muscles will be looser and therefore can be safely stretched further.
Check out the downloadable Foam Rolling Resources developed by our Health Club Team so you can learn and enjoy the benefits of foam rolling too!