National Respect Day - Morning Tea & Respect Presentation
National Respect Day Morning Tea
A big thank you for coming along to help us celebrate National Respect Day and to Julie and Caitlyn from Women’s Health Goulburn North East in sharing with us what respect and being disrespectful is. We encourage others in the community to have discussions and come up with many more ideas of behaviours that show respect.
Not only is Respect one of the YMCA’s four values that our staff all live and breathe but today was all about raising awareness of what respect means to different people.
While having respect for someone can be a feeling, we all agree that there are lots of ways of showing the respect that we do in everyday life:
- The way we speak to people using tone, words and body language
- Accepting others rights, needs and differences as okay and legitimate
- Giving others their own personal space and allowing for the level of personal space to change depending on situations and relationships
- Allowing others privacy
- Attentive listening when others are talking
- Avoiding gossiping or putting others down
- Showing interest in others about how they feel and what they think
- Ensuring everyone is included rather than excluded
- Respecting yourself
We encourage others in the community to have discussions and come up with many more ideas of behaviours that show respect.