Swimming Lessons - Curriculum Update
We’ve updated our curriculum!
At the YMCA we believe everyone has the right to a healthier and happier life.
Swimming Lessons teach essential water safety skills and are also a great way to encourage kids to be physically active!
We are committed to providing a Swimming Lesson program that gives kids opportunity to;
- Participate in a wide range of aquatic experiences
- Be challenged by new skills
- Make safe aquatic choices and
- Become conﬁdent swimmers who are inspired to participate in aquatic activity throughout their entire lives.
Our latest curriculum upgrade has a focus on ensuring that our swimmers move through the program progressively while each core aquatic skill and stroke is broken down into achievable components.
We listened to our teaching teams and we listened to you!
- Earlier introduction to the steps towards breaststroke, Diving and Butterﬂy
- Extension activities celebrated for capable younger swimmers
- Increased skills in the importance of and use of Life Jackets
- Safer children through emergency evacuation & continual accidental fall in scenarios
- Improved consistency in teaching through newly developed lesson planning
- Fresh new look certiﬁcates and program ﬂyers